Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June 30, 2013

Hello everyone! Only 4 more emails to go after this! Time is winding
down very quickly.......it's crazy to think that 2 years ago this
month I was preparing to head to the MTC, and now I get to go home
again....I'm partially happy, and partially sad. I'm going to miss
serving here in Korea for sure. This week we actually got a new
mission president, his name is President Shin and he was actually all
the Korean missionaries' MTC Branch President so everyone knows him
very well. I'll only have the opportunity to serve under him for 1
month, but I'm looking forward to the experience. Last week we had a
farewell for President and Sister Furniss and I will definitely miss
them. I learned a lot from them and I definitely look forward to
seeing them after my mission. It's weird that now they are
on their way home to America, especially since I will be following
them shortly after. I don't have a lot of time left, but we're
making the most of it out here in Gongju! Last week we were
able to find 2 new people to teach so we're super excited
to meet with them, it gives us more stuff to do! Hahahahaha, anyways,
our Filipino investigators Edna and Michelle came out to church again
yesterday and they seem to like it. Next week they said that they are
going to bring out a friend so it should be interesting.
It's kind of difficult because they all have young children that make
a lot of noise and our investigators/their kids aren't really good at
English nor Korean, so it's kind of hard to communicate. We have 1
Filipino Sister in our ward so we're going to have to rely on her
heavily for translation help. It should be good though, we hope that
all goes well this next week as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment