Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Aug. 30, 2011


Hi Mom,
 
I'm doing really great, thanks for asking. It was really great seeing Brother and Sister Waits, I noticed that she was using a cane so I hope that she is ok. It was funny because I don't think she recognized me at first becasue I was talking to her husband for a few seconds and then she was finally like "ELDER MILLER!" It was kind of funny.
 
So things have been going well this past week, it was really cool because we taught an actual non-member Korean in the TRC (teaching resource center- where member's usually pretend to be investigators) and it was really cool. She didn't know anything really about the gospel and her friend who was a return missionary brought her in to hear what we new missionaries had to say about the gospel. We just bore a simple testimony of the Book of Mormon and how if we read it we can feel God's love and know that it is true. After the meeting it was cool because we were able to commit her to pray about our message and to read the Book of Mormon. It was a really cool experience teaching someone who has no idea about our church.
 
So that's all I have to report on this week, things are going well, our older district left yesterday morning for Korea so there is only 4 elders and 6 sisters now, but we get some new missionaries next Wednesday so I'm really excited for that. I'm really going to miss the missionaries that left, the native Korean Elders were so funny and I took a lot of great picture so I'll have to print some out here from my camera and send them home before I leave.
 
I'm sorry that all I really do is ask ask ask for things, but I'm so grateful that you always get me the things I need. Another thing that happened this week was that I was called to be district leader in the MTC. I just thought I would let you know. I'm not really proud of it, I didn't want to be it really, but when there are only 4 elders in the disctrict, it's bound to happen. I'm sure the more responsibility will be good for me, but as of now I'm not sure of how I will like this new calling. Just letting you know.
 
Love,
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment