Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 28, 2013

Everything is well here in Suwon, but I feel like my days are being
numbered. Transfer calls will be next week and since I've been here
for the past 6 months I expect a call, I'm not sure where I'll go (if
I go at all), but it has definitely been fun serving up here. This
past week we had a ward picnic on Saturday and it was really good to
see some of the ward members get out and mingle together. That's one
thing that is really hard in our ward; we have a lot of members that
are really busy with work and other church callings that they can't
make it out to ward activities. We have about 100 members that
regularly attend church and about 40 were able to come out to the
picnic so that was really good. We played soccer, dodgeball, had a
treasure hunt, and of course ate together. It was a blast and it was
really fun to spend an afternoon with our members. Last week our
investigators were really busy so we weren't able to meet a whole ton
of them, but I talked with a lot of them on the phone and they all
seem to be doing good. It seems like in Korea March and April are
really busy months so our work has kind of been slow recently, but
it's still been really fun! My companion got his visa last week so he
is all clear to go to the U.S. next month to begin his mission so I'm
really excited for him. Tonight we have a ward FHE at the church and
we are in charge of planning the activity. Hopefully at least maybe 30
members show up for it this time, last time we didn't have a ton of
members who showed up which was really disappointing, but we're going
to make it fun so hopefully they enjoy their time there tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment