Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 21, 2013

This week was good for us here in Suwon. We were able to visit one of
my investigators who we hadn't seen for about a month and a half so it
was really good to meet with him. He's been doing good, we visited him
in his Chinese restaurant and ate with him and talked for a while.
He's been super busy with work recently so he hasn't been able to meet
with us, but he said he might have time next month to meet. It kind of
sucks though because I think that by then I will probably transfer, so
before then I will have to visit him a few more times because he's
been my favorite investigator that I have met here. Other than that
this week was a little slow, I've been battling a cold that has kept
me inside for a few days, mostly just a cough and a runny nose, but
the weather outside hasn't helped. It got cold all of a sudden again
and the wind has been blowing more recently than before. So that's
kind of sucked, but the best part of last week was that my companion
and I were able to spend the day in Seoul! He had his visa interview
at the U.S. Embassy so we were able to spend a day up there. I ate a
turkish kebab for the first time in about 7 years and it was sooo
good! It was really overpriced, but I couldn't complain because it had
been so long. I also ate a crunchwrap supreme at taco bell for the
first time in about 2 years so it was just a day of happiness for me.
We visited some popular sites while we were up there and took a few
pictures and just had a blast up there. It definitely was not what I
was expecting though. I was expecting more like Tokyo or Hong Kong,
but it was a little different. It felt a little smaller and less
developed compared to the other 2 which was a little disappointing,
but it was still really fun. I'm looking forward to going back there
in 3 months when I finish my mission and get to spend a day up there
before returning home!

No comments:

Post a Comment