Monday, May 13, 2013

May 12, 2013


Hello everyone! This is Elder Miller and for the first time in 7
months I'm out of Suwon! I was transferred this past week to a little
teeny town called Gongju, and it's way out in the sticks. It's not
like rice paddys and not apartment buildings small, but it's
definitely not city by any means. Each city that I've served in has
had something similar to a Walmart where we would go shopping and buy
groceries, but this city has none of that, so it's definitely the
smallest city that I've actually lived in. It's really good though,
since it's smaller it has a much kinder feel and the people are just
generally nicer which is lovely. They smile more and are more polite,
but they are all really really old! I swear the only people I talk to
nowadays are 60+ in age. But it's ok, they are really nice so it makes
it worth it. I'm really sad that I had to leave Suwon, I met a lot of
wonderful people there that I will miss, especially the members. We
were really close with a few of the single male members there and I
miss talking with them and doing stuff together. But all will be ok,
the members here (all 40 of them ;) ) are super funny! They love to
joke around and have a good time so I'm fitting in much better than I
did in Suwon. We've seen miracle after miracle already in the short
time that I've been here. I really wanted to get to know the members
here quickly because I don't have a lot of time here, so we scheduled
to visit members quite frequently. On Saturday we helped one of our
members with an activity that he was putting on and at that time I was
able to meet a few members, and one of them invited us over for dinner
that night so that night we ate at the bishop's house and I had a good
oppurtunity to meet them and get to know them so that was cool. Then
on Sunday after church we got invited to lunch and dinner by 2
different members, so we were able to visit them in their homes and
share messages with them. We've been so blessed to get to know the
membes quickly and I'm hoping God provides a way for us to get some
more sudden dinner invites so we can continue to build a good
relationship with our ward. This week we have some appointments with
our investigators and since I haven't met a large portion of them yet,
I can't really say how they are, but from what I've heard they are
really awesome so I'm excited to meet them. I'll let all of you know
how well it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment