Sunday, August 7, 2011

Aug. 2, 2011

Hey Mom,
 
So the MTC has been pretty good so far, I'm not really feeling homesick too much which has been really nice. I hope all is well at home with Jack though.  Anyways, my companion's name is Elder Crowther and it has been a real blessing having him as a companion because we get along so well. The two other missionaries in our residence hall are both Korean and they are both so nice and funny. They are both full Korean, but raised in Utah so they don't speak a whole lot of Korean (a little worse that how I speak Japanese). They are both really funny and nice and help me a ton with my Korean which has been another huge blessing.
 
So I was really frustrated the first couple of days since I wasn't understanding the language and I was really upset that I got called to Korea, but I prayed really hard that these bad feelings would go away and things have gotten so much better. I am learning at an amazing rate and I am understanding more and more Korean each day. My Korean is still horrible, but for 1 week I think that I have learned a lot. I can read (very slowly) and know some memorized lines and phrases and that's pretty much it. I have seen Ryan Rostrom almost everyday in the MTC and i've also run into kids from High school which has been fun. I don't remember if I told you or not but I leave on October 10 (estimated day) so I have another 10 weeks in the MTC which isn't going to be super fun. I would much rather be out in Korea right now, but so far I have loved the MTC. I eat salads everyday for my meals and I haven't even drank any milk yet! I am so proud of myself. We went to the temple this morning which was really nice, we ate at teh cafeteria in the temple and it was sooooo good. I definitely over ate, but it was ok since it was a once a week kind of deal. If you could Dear Elder me after you read this email that would be great since I won't be able to access my email until next Tuesday. I will also try my best to write you throughout the week. If you could send me some stamps that would be greatly appreciated though.
 
Anyways, make sure that Jack is a good boy and make sure you beat him for me! (just kidding)
Love,
 
Elder Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment