Sunday, September 16, 2012

September 16, 2012


So this past week I said goodbye to my old companion Elder Hardcastle and got my new companion Elder Eaves. He's from Utah in the Layton area and he's only got a few transfers left as a missionary. We get along really well and we're excited to serve together in Jeonju. This is the first time I've had a new companion in the same area because I usually just always transfer, so that's definitely a nice change. While Elder Hardcastle was still here we spent a lot of time saying goodbye to members and investigators so that's pretty much all that happened in the beginning part of the week. I was privileged to eat dog soup again this past week from Brother Kang, but this time it was a little worse that usual and I ended up throwing up after the meal because I didn't want it in my system anymore. Other than that not too much happened in the later part of the week, we're continuing to meet with our investigators and we have one named Kim Jin Sor who's progressing slowly. He's got a part time job on Sunday which prevents him from coming to church, but he reads out the Book of Mormon when we ask him which is awesome. Last night after church we went out to the countryside to a place called Gimje to eat dinner with our less active member who loves us and it was really fun. They all got really really drunk and they requested that we danced like Gangnam style (a really famous song in Korea and apparently in America as well). Anyways, we did that and they erupted and loved it and one guy was sooooo drunk that he asked for my autograph, so that was really funny. He was drunk before dinner, then he drank another bottle of Soju and was just completely hammered.

No comments:

Post a Comment